Dec 20, 2014

Be the CCIE

Hello everyone.

My name is Bin Han from China. I am living in Japan now.
Sep. 30th, 2014 is my luck day, since I passed CCIE wireless(#44957) after 13-month hard study.

In this 13 months, I faced a lot of problems since there are not so many study resources about CCIE wireless comparing CCIE R&S.  Form today, I want to share my experience and studying resource with everyone. Hope this blog can help you to pass CCIE wireless.

Our problems is - "how do you become the CCIE wireless as soon as possible."

I have three advices from my experience.

1.  Pass written exam as soon as possible and reserve Lab exam
     In my case, I passed written exam in the first month on Sep 30th, 2013 and reserve lab exam at the same day.

2.  Focus on your weak points base on blueprint and make your plan to struggle them , these parts are very  hard for me
     a.  Wireless Security
     b.  H-reap / Flexconnect
     c.  Wireless multicast
     d.  WIreless Qos
     e.  Autonormous
     f.  Capwap protocol
     g. ACS
To study them, there are three magic tools, "wired / wireless capture", "debug" and "sequence".  In other words, using capture and debug to understand the sequence.  Of course, in this blog I will teach you how to capture and debug :).
CCIE wireless blueprint: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/exams/docs/ccieWireless_Lab.pdf

3. Exercise, exercise and exercise.
In lab exam, you can operate WLC / AP from GUI, but do not expect it. This is because GUI speed is not good and there are a lot of things in lab exam. Do CLI as soon as you can ! -- I think this is the only way to up your speed.  Once you are good at CLI, I think you will love it.

Good luck !









No comments:

Post a Comment